From among the projects submitted to Regiofund Forum from all over the world, the organizers have chosen 10 carefully selected film and TV series projects with international co-production potential. The qualified projects come from Poland, Albania, Romania, Italy, Austria, and Great Britain.
The pitching session was held of the 6th of October and was conducted before an international group of Regiofund’s guests who represent various areas of film industry, from financial institutions and regional film funds to film distributors and sales agents. Regiofund’s participants, who presented their projects during the pitching session, had a say in preparing the list of guests, as they were asked by the organizers about their demands and expectations. The session was moderated by Karolina Lidin, a representative of Nordisk Film&TV Fund.
The following fiction and documentary films and animated TV series will be presented in Katowice:
- Film Odyssey – an inventive feature film for children, directed by Piotr Stasik and produced by Telemark, Poland
- Flesh – director Marcin Koszałka’s documentary attempt at facing the inevitability of death, produced by Szarobiuro Production, Poland
- Mediterrencee – an animated TV series focused on a number of important European women, directed by Bepi Vigna and produced by Zena Film, Italy
- Sirena (Hear The Whisper) – a surreal feature film about a certain graphic novel artist, directed by Giorgio Borgazzi and produced by Topanga, Austria/Italy
- Squeek – an animated TV series about the struggle of Maya’s gang of mice against the totalitarian rule of Julius, directed by Łukasz Kacprowicz and Marcin Wasilewski, and produced by GS Animation, Poland
- The Anselins – a suspenseful feature film by Dan Radu Mihai, described by the filmmakers as a project about duality. Produced by Anchor Films, Romania
- The Deathless Woman – an experimental documentary feature film about the poignant history of the Roma in Europe, directed by Roz Mortimer and produced by Animate Projects Productions, Great Britain
- The Gingers – a Christmas musical about a singing-loving family who own a gingerbread shop. Produced by Artcore, Poland
- The War Has Ended – Hagar Ben-Asher’s feature film set after World War II and telling a story about the meeting of 13-year-old Lily with master marionettist Joseph. Produced by Madants, Poland/Israel
- Three Lions Heading Venice – a story of filmmakers whose journey to the Venice Film Festival is a truly wild ride, directed by Jonid Jorgji and produced by EJF Production, Albania
All presentations were preceded by two days of intense training course lead by Regiofund’s pitching experts: Maggie Ellis and Katrin Nandelstädt.
Regulations are available here: Regulations of the pitching session of the Regiofund International Co-Production Forum
Workshop „The young producer”
“Young Producer” workshops aim at helping students and film schools’ graduates, as well as young professionals already working in the film industry, in taking first steps in the world of film production.
We intend to show the ins and outs of a creative producer’s job, especially his/her co-operation with screenwriter and director during the stage of project development. We will teach you how to analyse, discuss and go through a screenplay, as well as how to build your team and benefit from mutual experiences. We will help you to build relationships with your team members that will pay off during the work on your film. We also intend to show the best ways of presenting a project presentation; we teach pitching and invite to our pitching session.
Our workshops correlate strongly with Regiofund Forum’s programme, thus all participants will have a perfect opportunity to make a direct contact with the film industry.
Fee-paying workshops will be held in Polish.
“Young Producer” workshops will be directed mainly at producers’-lead teams (producer, screenwriter, director). The five-day workshops will include:
– screenplay analysis;
– meetings with professionals (case study);
– workshop dedicated to filling applications for various grants and programmes;
– pitching training;
– pitching session in public.